Tuesday, September 30, 2008

5 minutes or less...

In college, I took an athletic training class - the main thing I remember learning is how to tape ankles, knees, wrists, etc. I'm sure there was more to it, but it wasn't as fun as taping up my classmates! For the final, I had to be able to tape an ankle in 5 minutes or less, and Dave and I have joked about that many times over the years. I never thought I'd need that knowledge, and I have considered it a useless skill of mine ... until Saturday. Erica sprained her ankle last week and wanted to play in her soccer game even though it was a bit sore, so I brought out that piece of "useless" info, and did this:
It doesn't look very pretty, but this is what it looked like after the game. I doubt it was done in 5 minutes, and I'm pretty sure I used too much tape, but Erica said it felt great and wants me to do it for her again!

1 comment: