Dave left a few days ago for deployment. The kids and I miss him, but are adjusting well - although one child is struggling more than the others. Poor Liam is pretty attached to Daddy, and still has a few sad times each day. We decided to pray for Dave when he feels sad, and that seems to help. I love hearing him share his heart when he's praying, and last night he said something that just tickled me. His prayer went something like this: "Dear God, please keep the sand out of my Daddy's eyes, because I know there's a lot of sand there." I'm sure Daddy appreciates that prayer, Liam!
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Sweet Prayers
Dave left a few days ago for deployment. The kids and I miss him, but are adjusting well - although one child is struggling more than the others. Poor Liam is pretty attached to Daddy, and still has a few sad times each day. We decided to pray for Dave when he feels sad, and that seems to help. I love hearing him share his heart when he's praying, and last night he said something that just tickled me. His prayer went something like this: "Dear God, please keep the sand out of my Daddy's eyes, because I know there's a lot of sand there." I'm sure Daddy appreciates that prayer, Liam!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So sweet.
Why don't you guys come down to visit us some weekend? One night, two, whatever. Come on a weekday if that works better for you. We would LOVE to have you.
How long will he be gone?
He does appreciate it:-)
Post a Comment